Are you looking for a role with a purpose, to make a difference and really has an impact? This is an exciting role with the Daniel Morcombe Foundation.
The Foundation's key role in the community is the education of all children about their personal safety. By directly assisting educators and parents through the funding and development of child safety educational resources as well as assisting young victims of crime, the Foundation continues to empower all Australians to make their local communities safer places for all children.
This position plays a crucial role in leading and managing all educational aspects of the Daniel Morcombe Foundation.
Key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Oversee and deliver two national program’s called Bright Futures and Changing Futures through a community education campaign and increase the capacity of 1000 plus professionals and educators to prevent, identify and respond to harmful sexual behaviour.
- Oversee the development and delivery of all Daniel Morcombe Foundation educational resources including Keeping Kids Safe Resources, Australia’s Biggest Child Safety Lesson, Day for Daniel educational resources, Safe Bedrooms as well as designing and delivering new programs.
Duties will include:
- Producing an annual Education Plan,
- Developing content and resources for both the Changing Futures and Bright Futures projects.
- Overseeing the development of new educational resources,
- Project management of staff and projects to ensure outcomes are delivered and outcomes met.
- Delivering training to a wide range of audiences, including parents, carers, police, professionals, children and young people.
- Developing online learning, such as webinars and e-learning packages and podcasts.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- A Health or Education degree is essential.
- Previous experience leading a team.
- Previous experience working with children, young people and families, preferably within a therapeutic or educational context.
- Knowledge and experience of harmful sexual behaviours.
- Well developed Project Management skills and prior experience in managing large projects and project teams.
- An understanding of child protection practice and legislation.
- Experience in developing and reviewing educational resources.
- Experience in developing, reviewing and delivering innovative training materials.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Well-developed communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Applicants MUST have previous experience working within the following areas:
- Harmful Sexual Behaviours
- Technology Assisted Harmful Sexual Behaviours
- Child Sexual Exploitation
Regular interstate and overnight trips involving flights and road travel will be a requirement of this role, you will also be required to attend key events throughout the year eg. Day for Daniel (Oct), Dance for Daniel (March).
For a life changing role, with purpose and making a positive impact in the community please apply today!
All resumes MUST be submitted in Word format.
www.hrmcc.com.au 07 5430 7750